Email to board without attachment

Benjamin Charbit June 28, 2017

Hi everybody,

Is there a way to use the Emai to board feature without transferring the attachment everytime?

I usually bcc my Trello email address and because I have pictures in my signature and it just pollutes my board.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Gareth Evans (Sniper) April 1, 2020

Can I suggest from a development perspective (trello) that a simple feature be introduced whereby those of us that have signatures can have a tag (e.g. <!--SignatureBegin-->) as an HTML comment inserted prior to our signature content, and Trello can detect this by convention and cut the reply off at that point.

Image attachments from signatures are a different problem but with this division marker in place, Trello could probably then detect the linked images in the signature block and determine they shouldn't be attached as well.

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2017

Hi Benjamin!

Currently, Trello will not strip signatures or other attachments. The only information Trello tries to remove is what it can parse as replies to an original email. That's because Trello errs on the side of not stripping data (to avoid data loss) rather than over-stripping.

Unfortunately, that does mean that those images will show up in each card created by email, unless you remove the signature before sending the email.

Marcelo Siqueira June 14, 2022

Hi! I noticed that it does not remove any replies to original mail at all. Is this feature still enabled?

Marcelo Siqueira August 17, 2022

@Caity 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events