Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to board from CRM

Nathan Ondricek February 16, 2021

I'm setting up an 'email to board' functionality from my company's CRM (DealCloud) to Trello. We have a form in our CRM that someone fills out when they want a project completed, and once they've completed it a CRM system generated email is automatically sent off to Trello, which creates a card and then the team responsible for completing it takes it from there.

My question is this - right now I have to tie that 'email to board' setting to a particular user on the board (me right now), but I'd like to make it a little clearer that these projects are coming from our CRM, not just me. Is it possible to generate an email to board address which can be tied back to our CRM somehow instead of me? I suppose I could add a whole new user to Trello called "CRM support" or something and use that user's email to board (but I'm loth to do that since I'm on the paid plan and I'm cheap - don't want to pay for another license - ha). Thoughts?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2021

I think the answer is no.  You’d have to make a user - but if you just add that user to one board only and not the team then you wouldn’t pay for them.  

If you use a Power-Up that does the same thing, maybe @Iain Dooley knows... eventually we will have Power-Up actions show as the Power-Up (I’m not sure if this shipped yet though). 

Nathan Ondricek February 19, 2021

I see what you mean. Yeah I think that would work. 

0 votes
Çiğdem Büyükaşik
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2021

Hi! You can definitely do it using the Hipporello Service Desk power-up. It creates one or more generic email-to-board addresses that your team can use. You can also forward any emails coming to your support@ domains to your Trello board as cards with Hipporello. Hope you find it useful! 

Nathan Ondricek February 19, 2021

Thanks, I'll take a look. 

Like Çiğdem Büyükaşik likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events