Email to board a link attachment

Deleted user September 25, 2017

Is there a way to use email-to-board to create a link attachment (not a file attachment)?

A workaround would just be to put the URL into the body so it's clickable from the card description, but I'm curious if there's a proper way to do it.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2017

That isn't yet possible, Joe, but that's a great point. I'll make sure the team knows that's something you're looking for!

Deleted user September 26, 2017

Great, thanks.

I don't really have any recommendation on how to do it - I can think of a few ways, but they may be either pretty inflexible or more trouble than they're worth, so I wouldn't blame the team if they choose not to implement it.

Some possibilities off the top of my head:

• If the message body contains only a URL and nothing else, then make it an attachment - pretty straightforward but not very powerful
  • If an attachment is a plain text file and the contents is only a URL and nothing else, then make a link attachment instead of a file attachment - would take several extra steps to get that attachment into the message in the first place
  • Some kind of funky parsing in the message body, so you can mix a URL into a description, but this may get confusing. Maybe something like:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events