Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email the contents of a newly created Trello board to a list of emails

I have attempted to use Zapier to link the creation of a Trello board with the sending of a single Mailchimp campaign, but it does not work beyond the first use, because then the Mailchimp campaign would be concluded. 

Is there a simpler way to do this? There just needs to be a way for someone to subscribe to a mailing list, and then whenever a Trello board is created in a specific list on a specific board, the contents of the Trello board, as well as the URL for accessing the Trello board is sent to the mailing list.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2019

@Toastmasters Divison S District 80 when you say board do you mean card? So the contents of the card is being sent to a mailing list when created?

Also, you said "URL for accessing the Trello board is sent to the mailing list", did you mean URL for the card?

So you want to be able to create a new card (in a specific list/board) and have the description of that card sent to a mailing list along with a link to the card?

Yes, thats right! I meant card. 

The card is actually already auto generated whenever someone fills up a Google form of mine. I set up a Zapier zap to create a Trello card whenever there is a new entry in the Google form responses spreadsheet. 

So my workflow would actually be:

1. Someone fills up a Google form
  2. The response gets logged in a Google Sheets response form. Zapier senses a response, and uploads the content of the response onto a Trello card in a specific list in a board. (I have one board, with multiple lists) 
  3. I want to have a mailing list of subscribers to receive an email notification whenever there is a new Trello card in a specific lists. (Pity Trello doesnt have an option to get non-Trello users to receive email notifications about a card/ list/ board..) 

I'm missing step 3. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2019

@Toastmasters Divison S District 80 okay and is it the description that you want sent in the email? Also, unless the board is public, they won't be able to see it without being members of Trello and/or the board anyway.

What are the email recipients going to do when they receive the email?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events