Email Report - Pull data from other boards

Nina Medlock November 10, 2021

Hello,

I am trying to set up a daily email to our team showing open cards in multiple Queues. 

I was able to create this command on my board:

2021-11-10_11-39-58.png

I was wondering if there was a way to pull data from another team member's board and include it on the same report email? For example, could I write a command like this: 

create a report in variable "TEAMMEMBER_Queue" with all cards in list "Queue" on board "TEAM MEMBER TASKS"

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Hi Nina! I don't believe it's possible to create butler reports that span multiple boards (I could be wrong thoug!). Someone might be able to provide a better solution, but here's a couple of options that come to mind:

1. Create a master report board and use Butler to copy the relevant cards from your boards into the master board. Then, create the report from that master board. At the end of each day, you can get butler to archive those cards.

2. Use a reporting tool like Blue Cat reports. You can create custom reports across multiple boards and setup recurring emails.

Hope that helps!

Nina Medlock November 10, 2021

Thanks Hannah! I was looking into Blue Cat as well. Just wanted to see if it was possible through automations first. :) Thanks again! 

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Gotcha! No worries! Good luck 😃

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events