Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email - Is it possible to only get the latest answer as comment in Trello?

Anita Johansson January 5, 2018

I want to be able to send a copy of my email conversation to a Trello card as comments. Only the latest response should create a new comment.

As it is now, the whole threaded message is put in the comment. 

Is it possible to create som kind of "Answers above this line"-thing or format that blocks out everything below?

I now use Outlook for Mac 15.41. 

When I used Mail for Mac 10.3 I could use the quotation formatting to get a vertical line before the text, that would stop the text from getting into the comment.

It seems however as Outlook doesn't have that option...or does it?

Grateful for any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hi Anita,

Currently, the only information Trello tries to remove is what it can parse as replies to an original email. That's because Trello errs on the side of not stripping data (to avoid data loss) rather than over-stripping. Different email clients handle this differently, so you'll sometimes see different results just as you describe.

I'm not familiar enough with Outlook to be able to point you to the right option, but Trello doesn't have any native option to only include text up to a certain point, but I'll make sure the team knows that's something you're looking for!

Anita Johansson January 8, 2018

Thanks Michael!

I think it would be a great feature to have.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events