Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Forwarding "breaks" erratically?

j.thrift October 25, 2017

Hi All -- I have a form that generates an email notification to a trello board, which then triggers actions from my team. This is a fabulous system, except lately, it has failed a few times, apparently erratically. Like, one form entry will forward properly. Another one, a few days later, will not forward. Then another will forward successfully, and the next two will fail. This form generates a variety of email notifications to other people, which appear to be working. 

Has anyone ever run into something like this? Were you able to fix it? What's the secret? Thanks in advance for your help and insights! 

2 answers

0 votes
j.thrift October 27, 2017

I am not really sure if I was successful at submitting a request for help. :/ 

Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2017

Did you see any confirmation message after submitting that form? You can also email us directly at support [at] trello [dot] com.

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

Hi there,

When you say that the form submission fails, does the card never show up? You don't get any sort of error response from Trello's mail server?

Typically, when an email-to-board fails, I wouldn't expect it to be so inconsistent. We can look check logs to look into this some more if you can reach out directly at https://trello.com/contact. Once you do that, we can share some more specific instructions to help get to the bottom of what's going on.

j.thrift October 27, 2017

Yes, I guess that would be useful information, wouldn't it? When I say "breaks" I mean the email never arrived to the board. I will reach out directly. Thank you! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events