Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effectively using Trello for teamwork while maintaining the "personal" tasks

Máté Bendegúz Kovács November 29, 2017

I introduced Trello to my team after I've been using it for more than a month to track all my personal tasks. As it is an advertising agency, tasks are coming from multiple different clients, and Trello boards are amazing to see an overview of all MY tasks regardless of clients (I name every card like: CLIENTNAME - TASK). This allows me to prioritize and set clear goals for my workdays.

My colleagues also loved the idea, and they are starting to adapt Trello as well. However, with this, a new challenge arises. How to use trello for effective teamwork while maintaining the same "personal" dashboards"?

To elaborate: I am logging all MY tasks and tasks assigned BY ME in my own board. This works amazingly when I'm the only one using trello. However, when another person joined, he started assigning tasks to me on HIS board. I get a notification about it, so thats OK (however even that is still not that visible - i have to get used to viewing the notifications as more important). 

But I only see that card assigned to me in his board (and I would like to have an overview of all my tasks on my board - thats why I use Trello). Is there any way or mentality how you think this could be solved? Or I should just create my own task on my own board for this? 

Thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Hi Máté,

Generally speaking, Trello is designed with the mindset that you'll be visiting each board, and will be using notifications to prompt you when necessary, when a new card is assigned to you, for example.

However, yes, this can make it a little challenging to see everything assigned to you. You can use the My Cards page at https://trello.com/my/cards to see all cards, across all boards, that are assigned to you. This doesn't use the same visual style as a board, but will show you the cards and help you make sure you're not missing anything!

Máté Bendegúz Kovács December 7, 2017

Hi Michael!

Thank you this is a nice help and this is what I was looking for:) 

Best,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events