Edit button not working

Jeff Vanderlaan December 28, 2017

I am unable to click the 'pencil' icon to edit my cards on any of my Trello boards.

1 answer

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2017

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for writing to us!

Would you mind letting us know what browser you're seeing this problem in? If you open Trello in a different browser, do you see the same problem there?

Also, just to confirm, are you able to see the pencil icon but not click on it, or are you not seeing the pencil button at all?

While we're looking into this, you can also edit your cards by clicking on a card to open it. From there, you can edit any part of the card.

Jeff Vanderlaan December 30, 2017

Thank you for the reply!  Yes, I can see the pencil icon, but I can not click on it.  I did check this morning and it appears to be only happening in Chrome 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I was able to successfully click on the icon and edit in Firefox.  I am using Firefox ESR 52.5.3 (64-bit).

Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Hi Jeff,

Could you try clearing your cache on Chrome to see if that resolves the issue? You can find instructions on how to do that here: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95582

If you're seeing the same problem after clearing your cache, we'll want to check for any conflicts with browser extensions. You can check for that by temporarily disabling all of your Chrome extensions, and then reloading Trello to see if the problem is resolved. If it is, you can re-enable your extensions one by one to find out which one is causing the problem.

Jeff Vanderlaan January 9, 2018

It appears to be an extension problem.  I will start going through my extensions one by one to figure out which one is causing the problem.  Thank you for your help.

Tracy J May 15, 2020

I started having this same problem after installing the Slack extension.  I can no longer click on the pencil icon.  I see it, but can't click it.  I can click the card and edit just fine that way, but the pencil icon is no longer clickable.

Tracy J May 15, 2020

UPDATE:  I installed the connection between Slack and Trello from the Slack side.  Once I updated the integration from the Trello side, the pencil icon began working again.  All I did was...

1 - Under Trello Team Settings, scroll down to Slack Team Linking (The link to my Slack team was already showing up)

2 - Click Add to Slack

3 - Click Allow

The page refreshed and the same exact information appeared as before (same link to my Slack team), but now the pencil icon works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events