Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic lists across boards

malcolm skinner June 4, 2018

Hi All,

I have seen lots about synced cards and boards but what I really need is a live list that is shared between two boards.

Add a card to a list -> the same list is updated on another board

remove a card from the list on either board -> changes reflected

user case example:

I manage several staff via shared boards, however, i have a board dedicated to upcoming physical meetings with various inside and outside people. As i think of a subject to cover i visit the board and, navigate to said person's list and add a card for that subject. by the time the meeting rolls round, i have an agenda already created and I'm not worried about missing a topic that I wanted to talk about face to face during my limited time with them. I update the cards on a list during a meeting so that I have something ready for our next meeting. this is super useful but I wish the individual list could be shared onto the personal board of that person. then they could also add to this list as a sort of open agenda. I don't want them to have access to my board of meetings just their own list. I could do this on their personal board but having all my various meetings in one place for me is a huge time saver.

is there a way to achieve this?

Trello is already awesome but this would realy be the icing on the cake. :)

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2018

Hi Malcolm,

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any way to do this! As you noted, most of the solutions for syncing are for syncing cards, not lists, and Trello doesn't have this sort of functionality built-in.

Unito offers a very full-featured syncing feature, and it may be possible to specify which lists do and don't get synced along the way, so I would make sure to check them out here: https://guide.unito.io/hc/en-us/articles/115006441247-Board-Sync-with-Trello

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events