Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating checklist items to another list

Jim Chiazzese March 25, 2020

We do is keep all checklist items within their cards and lists so we can understand all activity in any particular project area.

But...that does mean to find your 'to do' items you have to go into each list and card and find them.

What I'd like to be able to do is this:

Each time a member is assigned to a checklist item that item duplicates in another member specific list so they can see all those actions in one list.

I know you can convert checklist items to cards, but that removes it from the original list and card...so duplication would be ideal.

Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2020

@Jim Chiazzese I wrote an article about creating sub-tasks as a linked list here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

Jim Chiazzese March 26, 2020

Iain - thanks for the quick response. That looks great - I've not used buttons or sub-tasks a great deal, so this looks like it might be the way forward.

Looking at the screen shots it implies it might be possible to add more condition  - eg 'convert checklist items assigned to @XXX into linked cards in list "daves tasks" 

I'm not sure how granular you can get, but if can comment  on if that level of instruction is possible then it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Jim

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2020

@Jim Chiazzese I don't have business class so I've not used the checklist assignment feature yet!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events