It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Duplicating checklist items to another list

We do is keep all checklist items within their cards and lists so we can understand all activity in any particular project area.

But...that does mean to find your 'to do' items you have to go into each list and card and find them.

What I'd like to be able to do is this:

Each time a member is assigned to a checklist item that item duplicates in another member specific list so they can see all those actions in one list.

I know you can convert checklist items to cards, but that removes it from the original list and card...so duplication would be ideal.

Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain_Dooley Fancyface McSparklypants Thursday

@Jim_Chiazzese I wrote an article about creating sub-tasks as a linked list here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

Jim_Chiazzese I'm New Here Thursday

Iain - thanks for the quick response. That looks great - I've not used buttons or sub-tasks a great deal, so this looks like it might be the way forward.

Looking at the screen shots it implies it might be possible to add more condition  - eg 'convert checklist items assigned to @XXX into linked cards in list "daves tasks" 

I'm not sure how granular you can get, but if can comment  on if that level of instruction is possible then it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Jim

Iain_Dooley Fancyface McSparklypants Thursday

@Jim_Chiazzese I don't have business class so I've not used the checklist assignment feature yet!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

The control freak's guide: using Trello to plan a relocation

My partner and I were planning this relocation for years. It was our shared dream to try and live in another country. As children of immigrants, we already have experienced this once, but this still ...

886 views 9 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you