Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duedate arithmetics in buttler

Yair Adi February 15, 2022

Hi there

I want to see in the card description how many days before due date tha card is finished.

So following https://help.trello.com/article/1159-arithmetic-in-date-variables , I made in buttler:

when a card is moved into list "Finished", set the card's description to "{carddescription}\n Ended {date-cardduedate} days before

but the result is an empty space.

what i'm doing wrong?

1 answer

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2022

Hi Yair! I'm not sure it's currently possible to create calculations with Butler using date values. It looks like you can however achieve this using custom field number values as mentioned here. So you could look at creating some number custom fields and have butler automatically populate these fields with dates and format them in a number format (see here for different date formats). So, if you had two fields ("due date" and "completion date"), you could then look at using them to create calculations. I haven't tested this out, so not 100% sure if this is the best method.

Another alternative that might work is to use the Smart Fields power up to create calculations using formulas. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events