Due dates in lists?

Richard J Dolmat June 27, 2017

Hi all!

New Trello user here. I'd like to have a due date for each list. That way I can keep my team moving on a tight schedule by forcing them to complete/move cards to each list by a certain date. 

How do I do that?

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2017

Hey Richard

It's not possible to add a due date for the list itself, only the cards within the list.  

You can use Butlerbot to assist you with assigning a due date to each card that is added to a list by using a command such as when i add a card to list "Big Date", set due for 6/14/2017 to reduce the clicks it takes to assign a due date to each card.

Richard J Dolmat June 27, 2017

ok awesome thanks! I'll have to learn that!

For now I'm basically just writing the Due Date in the list name  ha ha!

ie: 

Quality Check (due: Thur 29)

Bart Versteegen August 8, 2017

Matthew, 

How exactly do I set a condition in Butlerbot like your: 'when I add a card to list x'? For some reason, I'm either over looking the function or it isn't available for me. 

Could you elaborate? 

Thanks! 

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2017

Hey Bart

are you using the Butler power up or did you add Butler to your board from the official butler board?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events