Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due date warning colours

Jake Gregory August 31, 2017

Hello guys,

We’re currently using trello as a factory t-card system and it’s working very well! One thing though and that’s to do with due dates. As the due date approaches the due date changes colour from clear to yellow to red. That’s great but 1 days notice of a potentially late shipment isn’t ideal! Is there anyway I can customise when the due date turns from clear to yellow and then from yellow to red? I can’t seem to work it out.

Thanks in advance

5 answers

5 votes
Deleted user March 7, 2019

I agree with the need for a more useful coloring system. If the "done" checkbox turned the card to gray instead of green, that would be less noticeable. Coloring old business in the brightest color does not make sense for more that a minute.

My preference would be:

Yellow: Due someday

Green: Due within a week

Red: Overdue

Grey: completed

Dana Reddick November 18, 2020

I agree with this, as well. Bright green for items already completed is something that competes with my labels on the board visually. I have to use custom fields for due dates to get around this, which is less than ideal. Customizable due date indicators would be a happy addition to the features.

Like Bill Rapp likes this
2 votes
Bill Rapp December 31, 2021

The ability to customize due date color-coding would be enormously helpful for tracking work. Currently there's no color cue until 24 hrs before due date and three colors for AFTER the deadline. Not very useful, as-is.

2 votes
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Hey Jake,

Marta here, from Trello Support,

Right now, it's not possible to customize that within Trello. Due date notifications and alerts will show 24 hours prior to the due date. 

While you can't customize when the color of the due date changes, you can integrate Trello with a third-party app such as Google Calendar to get an email notification at the due date time. From there, you can use their apps to customize the notifications. (http://help.trello.com/article/829-using-trello-with-google-calendar)

I’ll pass your interest in being able to change this within Trello on to our team for consideration—let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to send their way.

Thanks,

Marta

Andrew Allen February 8, 2018

Marta, can you confirm of any progress on this functionality as likewise I would like to configure the colour changes to occur earlier in the timeline for a better visual cue to users...

Thanks

Like Bill Rapp likes this
Jackie Davis December 28, 2018

Marta, I also need this. Hard to track many tasks on many boards without these visual cues. Thanks.

1 vote
Sophie L October 25, 2019

Marta, also think it would be great to customize color on due dates

1 vote
Artium Dostman October 11, 2019

Marta, I also need this. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events