Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Downgrading a Workspace from Premium to Standard

Hello, I have recently discovered Trello and I am finding it very promising for keeping tasks/jobs under control in our small family business. I have started with a 14d free Premium trial and as of now I want to keep going but with Standard plan. I do not see Premium features to be so crucial for us. 

And now... when learning and getting familiar with Trello I have created a Workspace I want to continue with. But it seems to be marked as Premium workspace and I can't really downgrade it. In Help/FAQ there is a "how to" description but it does not work for me. The trial for Premium plan is already gone and additionally I have "cancelled" it and when I go to "Explore Plans" and chose Standard, I cannot apply it to my existing workspace. It is not "clickable".

One solution is to create a new workspace, upgrade it to Standard plan and move everything for existing workspace to newly created one. But that is a solid evening of work for me. Or can I migrate with the earlier created content to new workspace without hassle?

Cheers,

Lukasz

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite Atlassian Team Nov 04, 2021

Hey Lukasz, this is discussed here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Premium-Trial-is-Expiring-Ready-to-Pay-for-Standard/qaq-p/1847270

We don't have the ability to move from the Premium free trial to Standard yet, so you can either wait for the free trial to end for you to move to Standard, or raise a ticket with Trello Support and ask for us to instantly cancel the trial so you can move: https://trello.com/contact

The issue solved itself - it seems that there is a 24h time period between running out of Premium and going for Standard plan. 

I was getting "go Premium" all over the place and, as I have posted, I have cancelled the free Premium (still could have done it even thou the Premium was gone (?)). And still was not able to go for Standard. The following day my existing Workspace simply lost "This is Premium Workspace" attribute and I was able to upgrade it to Premium.

Either way - Solved.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,399 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you