Does each Workspace (previously "Team") require it's own Business Class subscription?

macdoo April 24, 2021

I should first mention that I have one Business Class subscription ("you have Trello Gold as Part of Business Class". Then another screen within my account settings states "Business Class is Active"). I have one Team (eventually called a Workspace once I migrate boards). 

Does each Workspace (currently 'Team') need it's own Business subscription?

I ask this because when I set up a test Workspace there's a warning: "UPGRADE THIS WORKSPACE Unlimited boards, automation, Power-Ups and so much more". And if my memory serves me correctly, there used to be a charge for each 'Team (Workspace)'.

There's a lot of Trello documentation about moving (free) Personal Boards into Workspaces but not much about moving existing Business Class subscription boards to a Workspace. Also, there's a lot of documentation that 'after the 14 day trial that 'only the 10 most used boards' will be saved (which the subscription will be considered a Free Personal subscription) 

I'm hoping Workspaces are Trello's way of allowing grouping / categorizing within one subscription because I have over 1,200 boards that I currently group using numbers, alphabetizing, and board color (ie "11. ED: iPhone" and it's a purple card) (This "11. ED ... group has approximately 20 boards). 

Without grouping / categorizing (Workspaces?) it's time consuming to quickly jump from board to board because each time I move to another board, Trello takes me to the top of my list, and then because I have so many boards Trello only shows approximately 200 of the 1200 boards (I've been using Trello  10+ years, and I'm a researcher at heart). To get all the hidden boards to load I scroll to the end of all the boards to press a link to 'open ALL the boards' ... after which Trello then automatically takes me to the top of the list where I have to scroll down through the 1200 boards to get to my next entry. What I'm trying to say is how there are at least two extra time consuming (scrolling down) steps when moving from board to board. Workspaces would be much more manageable.

(Just a suggestion: Another quick way to move from board to board ... if Trello didn't jump to the top of the list and stayed within the vicinity of the board that was previously worked in would help a lot)

(This is an aside, but using my numbering system {"11. ED: ..."} is somewhat wonky since Trello doesn't recognize that "1 to 9" comes before "10" ... which shows all the "10. ...." boards before the "1. ..." boards)

1 answer

1 vote
macdoo April 24, 2021

I wrote the above question ... Oh my goodness, I just discovered "Collections" which will take the place of (possibly) needing another subscription for another Workspace (since I have so many boards) What a blessing! 

Here's some links:

"Creating Collections for Business Class Workspaces": https://help.trello.com/article/1004-creating-collections-for-business-class-teams

"How to Use Trello Business Class Like a Pro": https://blog.trello.com/how-to-use-trello-business-class-like-a-pro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events