Does anyone know why Trello sends out these "wave" emoji notifications

bradlarsonppco July 18, 2022

I constantly get these wave notifications and they're effectively useless as they don't link to any cards when I click on them from the notification center in MacOS.  I thought they were just short hand responses from other team members but I've confirmed they are not sending these responses so I'm left with thinking they're being auto generated by Trello.  It would be one thing if they served a value but they're basically just background noise and distractions from actual work.

98D12B7A-60FC-43CE-B881-319C101B826E_4_5005_c.jpeg

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

@bradlarsonppco welcome to the community! so these definitely look auto generated, and I assume what's happening is that its letting you know _something_ happening on your boards, somewhere. I agree, not a really helpful notification. I don't use the desktop application, but are there any settings in there for notification types that you could adjust? If not, you could probably turn off all notifications from the Apple notification settings

bradlarsonppco July 20, 2022

There aren’t any fine tuning adjustments one can make as it relates to system notifications. 

One can turn on/off email updates but those are different than these idiotic 👋 notifications from the system. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2022

@bradlarsonppco ah yeah, i dont use the desktop app so didnt know if there were any other settings in that one. Weird. I never see those with the chrome notifications so maybe rely on chrome for notifications and just use apple system preferences to turn them all off for the app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events