Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does activating a Trello Business Class kill your free tier grandfathered status?

Joost Schuur June 4, 2020

We created our company Trello team a while ago, and I believe we were on some kind of grandfathered status that gives us access to more than the 10 free Trello boards that you now get.

I accidentally activated a Business Class trial because I added a member to a checklist item and without any further warning it started a trial (I wasn't even a team admin at the time!). Now when I look at the cancellation screen for Business Class, it mentions losing access to all but the most recent 10 boards (we have more).

So my question: Are we going to lose our grandfathered in access to more than 10 boards when I cancel this trial? That would be very annoying, since I feel like this trial was activated with no warning.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

@Joost Schuur I'm not certain, but I would say it's very likely.

Joost Schuur June 7, 2020

I'm currently in a frustratingly drawn out email support discussion with a Trello/Atlassian support rep trying to make them understand that I never hit a confirmation to start a trial and that we just want the old, legacy access to more than 10 boards back that we used to have because we don't have the budget to stay on the business tier.

There must have been some sort of bug that started a trial without showing the usual confirmation dialog box, but so far all I'm getting is copy & pasted responses. The fact that I don't actually see the cancellation confirmation screen anymore and instead get JavaScript errors in the devtools console suggests that there's definitley some buginess going on.

I guess I'll find out one way or another in a few more days what access we get downgraded to, but this seems one of those scenarios where I'm caught in a niche situation and support is just following their usual script.

Joost Schuur June 11, 2020

So far, so good. After our trial expired, we can still access more than 10 of our existing boards without any of them getting archived.

Atlassian support did not seem to know or understand what happens to legacy users like this niche cases like this, so I had to wait out the end of the trial.

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2020

Thanks for the follow up

Like Joost Schuur likes this
Joost Schuur June 12, 2020

Actually, a day after the trial expired, we did lose our legacy access to more than 10 board.

We solved this by making some boards personal and creating a new free team for one of our departments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events