Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Does a Trello free workspace allow to send emails under Automations (Butler)?

My butler automation (a card button) stopped working recently after I made a change to it. It used to send an email when the card button is pressed. On looking under Account tab in the Butler dialog, I see the following information:

Free Account (Legacy)
This is a legacy pre-integration account.
Your personal quota is 25 command runs and 250 operations. You've used 8 command runs (32%) and 8 operations (3%) so far this period.
Under the Usage Log tab, I see the following:

- Running "Super Button" on board "BlueBoard"
- You have exceeded the number of operations allowed for your account in the current period.
- You have exceeded the number of command runs allowed for your account in the current period.

Like you can see, my quota is still not exhausted. But the email-sending operation is not running. I'm confused why! I'm wondering if the email-sending operation is NOT SUPPORTED for free workspaces. If so, the limit is not just on the # of automation operations (for free workspaces--as the documentations claim) but applies to certain TYPES of operations as well??

This is not documented anywhere. I also notice another ambiguity: Trello's pricing page says for the Free Plan: "250 automated command runs per month" but for me it only says 25. Can't understand why!

Seems Trello is undergoing a sea change! Trello Gold, Business Class -- these are now nowhere to be found. There's lot of confusion surrounding plans, quotas, permissions, roles, guest users, limits etc. The whole thing has become complicated, I feel!

1 answer

0 votes
Felix Atlassian Team Aug 30, 2021

Hey @Rathan Beyond - the old legacy Butler Free plan did not include any email quota. The newer Trello Free plan does.

You're somehow still on the old legacy plan - I've gone ahead and marked your account for migration to the newer plans, so you should be able to send emails with Butler.

If you're still having trouble, please reach out to support via trello.com/contact!

Hey @Felix , thanks for getting back quickly! Thanks for marking me for migration as well (but it hasn't happenend so far). Emails are not going out still. I'll let you know here once it starts working.

Hi @Felix , looks like my quotas are not reset even after month-change. It says..

Your personal quota is 25 command runs and 250 operations. You've used 11 command runs (44%) and 11 operations (4%) so far this period.

Also, FYI, the legacy migration still hasn't happened. It still says..

Free Account (Legacy)

This is a legacy pre-integration account.

Your help is appreciated!

Hi @Felix, there's still no resolution to my problem. Can you pls help..?

Felix Atlassian Team Sep 08, 2021

Hey @Rathan Beyond - can you please raise a support request at trello.com/contact? I think the account I upgraded to the newer quota might have not been the correct one (I can't see your account/email address on this forum).

Thanks!

Hi @Felix , thanks for getting back. I had tried that earlier but no avail. The "Contact support" button doesn't work for me on that page on clicking. It's not taking me anywhere--while the other buttons (like "Go to community") are working. Pls help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,351 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you