Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Trello ever take suggestions to improve the app? If so, where do we submit those?

Jen September 18, 2021

I really don't like that the default notification is 24 hrs before. I have added my preference of 5 mins before, but it automatically gives me a 24hr notice. All that I have looked up shows that taking off the 24hr notification is not possible.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2021

@Jen 

There is an option to change reminder for each due date. The other option is to create due date commands. You can check it out. 

Jen September 18, 2021

I have changed e reminder on each card to 5 mins before, but it’s still giving me a 24hr notice no matter what I do.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2021

@Jen 

Just repeated a test moments ago. First the criteria for notification must be there like being member of card. Trello set the red bell precisely 5 minutes before due and the email notification was 2 minutes before due. The reminder set for next day same time with 5 minutes reminder did not trigger the email notification.

Jen September 19, 2021

I set up my Trello board on my computer and changed all the notifications to 5 mins before (I’m doing a time blocking board).

Today, the same thing was happening, that I’m only getting a 24hr notification and not a 5 minute one. I was using my phone this time, checked what notification was set and ALL the notifications from my phone view are not showing the 5min change that I had made. I have been updating the notifications from my phone, but it is automatically deleting the “due date” when I click save. I actually am thinking this might be a bug. I am going back in and setting the notifications from my phone. It’s going to take a while, as I have my whole week time blocked. But I’ll follow up if this fixed it.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2021

@Jen 

The latest test was done from my mobile phone. My earlier test I did not add myself to the card and I did not received any notification. 

Jen September 19, 2021

Well... I figured out the initial problem... I created a template list for each day of the week. When I copy the list, the “reminder preference” does not copy over with the list. So I would manually have to adjust each reminder for every single block... this is disappointing. Unless I can figure out how to automate the reminder adjustment.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2021

@Jen 

Actually you can with some code using the HTTP request action. See section under “Content”

Or read

https://help.trello.com/article/1203-issuing-http-requests-with-butler

The module using it is:

https://trello.com/c/jk6kXdC6

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events