Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Do you get charged to add clients to a board?

I have a client that is wanting to move over to trello from Asana. 

She is a website designer and adds her client to their project board. She needs them to be more than observers because they need to check off tasks in cards. 

When she is adding clients to a board will she be charged for this? Or is that only if they are on another board as well?

And if not, is there an amount of board guests you can have total? Could she have more than 15 client boards with 1 client on each board? and if so would she be charged for this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner Community Leader Oct 12, 2021

@Taryn Rachelle my understanding is she would only be charged for anyone on more than one board. So if she had 15 unique boards and each client was only one one of those boards, she would not be charged for them. 

(Also depending on what features she needed, she may not be charged for anything at all as the free tier has a lot of features, but she would need to create multiple workspaces in that case since you're only allowed 10 per workspace on a free plan.

Okay that is what I thought but wanted to make sure before making the switch over. She will be on the premium plan but on asana for her to have that many clients she was going to have to pay a lot of money each month/year and I thought that wasn't the case with Trello so wanted to check before. 

I have a second question that I was going to post but maybe you might know this too. She has an assistant who needs to be able to do everything she can. Would she need to be added as a workspace member? and if so do you know how this changes her billing if she is under the premium plan?

Thanks in advance!  

Brittany Joiner Community Leader Oct 12, 2021

@Taryn Rachelle glad to help! Yeah the assistant would need to be added to the workspace, and sounds like she'd likely be on multiple boards, so she'd be charged for that, i think it's $12.50/per user/per month (or $10 if you pay annually).

Like Taryn Rachelle likes this

perfect this is so helpful thank you!! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

376 views 14 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you