Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do checklist items not show up in searches?

Ed Coulson June 13, 2020

Seems like checklist items do not show up in search results on a board. Is that right?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2020

@Ed Coulson There is indeed a delay in the searches indexing new content, if you want to include searchable links, you can always use markdown to format the checklist items instead of just pasting the URL directly:

[Link Text](https://www.google.com)

This should show up "Link Text" in search results, and also be clickable on all platforms.

Ed Coulson June 15, 2020

Very helpful, thank you!

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2020

Hi @Ed Coulson ,

Welcome to the community!

Yes, It was almost right!

Cards show up in searches that contain checklists.

For more information visit & read the document below!

https://help.trello.com/article/972-filtering-vs-searching

Ed Coulson June 13, 2020

Thanks. For some reason, I was not seeing (in search results) cards which I knew contained the search term within a newly created checklist item. But maybe there is some time delay before they are indexed, or something? Now, they seem to appear in search results as you describe. Thanks for replying.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Ed Coulson June 13, 2020

Actually, I checked again. It seems that the search cannot see text which is part of a URL. So, for example, I have a checklist which is a list of URLs. When I search for a text string which I know is in one of those URLs, the relevant card (checklist) does not appear in search results. This has required me to manually click in and out of cards, searching for the location of one checklist item.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2020

Hi @Ed Coulson ,

Please visit the below link and read carefully! I hope it will solve your problem!

https://blog.trello.com/the-search-features-youve-been-looking-for

Ed Coulson June 13, 2020

Hmmm, not really. It made the problem more interesting. It seems that search can find checklist items that contain a text string in a URL, but only if it is the last portion of the URL after a /, for example a website page name. Searches for text string that are in the domain name do not show up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events