It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Do I need to upgrade my whole team to use the features of Business Class

I would like this ability offered in the Business Class User - 'Grant observer-only access to collaborators outside of your team' 

However, would only like to upgrade one team member. 

My question is, therefore, do I need to upgrade my whole team to use the features of Business Class or can I simply chose one Admin User to have the special permissions granted with the business account? 

2 answers

0 votes
Esme Crutchley Community Leader Feb 20, 2020

Hi @ELWatson 

Welcome to the Community!

If you already have a team set up, getting BC (Business Class) for that team will make all the members billable. E.g. 20 members of the team at $120 per year.

If you have a single or multiple boards that you want people to be able to access, then you could remove everyone from a team (if you have one) and add them to a single board.

As soon as you make them a member (or observer or admin) or more than one board they become a multi-board guest and you will be charged for them.

Use case:

You have a team of 20 people, but each of them only needs to have access to a single board within that team.

You could create a new team with only you being charged for BC, then you could add individuals to the only board they need to be able to see and not the team as a whole, and you wouldn't be charged.

As soon as they need to see more than 1 board they would be billable as a multi-board guest.

Multi-board guests are charged the same as team members, no matter how many boards they are added to. The difference would be their accessibility - if you added them to just the boards they would need access to, or if you added them to the team where they could access all the boards within that team.  

E.g. I have a team and multiple boards, I have BC just for me. My husband is a 'normal' guest on only 1 board and I only pay for one user - me.

Please let me know if I haven't explained this properly!

Esme :)

This is the help section on multi-board guests which you might find helpful

0 votes

Short answer: You do have to upgrade your entire team to use Business Class.  We don't have a way to just purchase it ad hoc for individual users or for individual features.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,506 views 12 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you