Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Sender Email: Email to Board

Sean Omar Rivera October 20, 2020

Hello,

I am using Email to Board so my team can process our high volume effectively. We have a strict policy of responding to virtually all incoming emails, but we have ran into an issue: 

A large number of the incoming cards do not contain the reply-to emails of the senders.  We limit direct access to the office email to a small handful of people and do not have the capacity to have everyone go into our inbox and manually collect the sender addresses for those cards.

Takeaway: Is there a way to ensure that all incoming cards include the sender's respond-to email?

2 answers

0 votes
mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

Hi @Sean Omar Rivera ,

I think you can use Hipporello for this purpose. You can forward your emails to Hipporello to create cards from emails. On the card, you will be able to see the email address of the sender.

Once the card is created, you can do further communication with your clients on Trello card by using the reply function of Hiporello. Each response from your client to email will be added as a reply to Trello card too. 

Please check our website for more details. Hipporello is a service desk specifically designed for Trello users to empower them.

https://www.hipporello.com

0 votes
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2020

The email address of the sender isn't automatically captured by the email-to-board feature I'm afraid. While we don't have a built-in way to enforce that someone includes their reply-to email when sending an email to your board, one suggestion would be to use a form.

For example, you could set up a Google Form to send an email to your board when it's complete. In that form, you could add a required field asking for reply-to email.

While this would add an extra step of copying the email from the office inbox to that Google form, it would be a way to be sure you get the information you need.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us through our contact form here, glad to help take a closer look! 

https://trello.com/en-US/contact

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events