Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting private board from a free team

Vladimir Ognev April 8, 2019

Hello,

Is it possible somehow to delete a Private board from a free team? Only single admin is left in the team but that unknown private board is still there.

As Trello presented now a boards limit in a free team it is definitely a bug :(

1. Deleting everyone from the team doesn't remove their private boards from the team.

2. Any team member can easily and anonymously exploit free team boards limit via creating any amount of private boards in that team.

Any chance to remove this board with the help of API or else?

Thank you!

3 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

@Vladimir Ognev You're correct, I just replicated this issue:

1) Create a board in a team

2) Add a non-team member to the board

3) Make them an admin

4) Leave the board

5) Use the other account to change to private

I can no longer see or administrate the board from the team page, but I can see from my other account that this board is a member of a "private team" and I am unable to even edit the team from that board as an admin.

It may be the case that you can upgrade your team temporarily to Business Class to regain control of it and remove it from your team, I'll try and get someone from the Atlassian team to chime in here.

0 votes
Vladimir Ognev April 11, 2019

@Daniel Eads One more bug associated with this team private board issue:

We don't see private board members in the team's Guest section but as far as I understand we should see there every non-team member with access to any team board.

Is it a bug or a feature? ;-)

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2019

Hey Vladimir,

On free teams you won't have this info for private boards. That's one of the reasons upgrading to Business Class is the quickest way to get this resolved.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2019

Hey Vladimir!

In this situation, we'd recommend one of the following:

1. Upgrade to Business Class (this is the easiest, most straight-forward way to regain control of the board)
  2. Check out some of the other options listed on our KB article here.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events