Deleting admin with non-existing email address

Michiel August 18, 2020

Hi, I accidentally created a company account with a non-existing email address. michiel@decolegno.com. This account needs to be deleted.

michiel@decolegno.nl is the rightful admin for the DecoLegno account. How can this be arranged?

I asked support, but their answer (see below) is insufficient, since it requires access to the email address, which is non-existing.

Please help, thanks in advance!

-------

A:Deleting your Trello account - Deleting Trello with an Atlassian Account

You can easily delete your Trello account by visiting https://trello.com/your/account and clicking the "Delete this account?" link at the bottom of the settings page. Trello will send you an email which will ask you to reconfirm the deletion of the account. Once you confirm that, your account will be deleted.

1 answer

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

Hi @Michiel ,

Welcome to the community!

Changing an Email Address

The email address associated with your Trello account, also referred to as an account credential, can be used to log in to Trello, recover an account when the password has been forgotten, receive Trello notifications, or as a way for other Trello members to be able to add you to their boards for collaborating on a project. You may have one email address per account and you will use this single email address to log into Trello and recover your account if your password has been forgotten. 

Using Trello with an Atlassian Account

If you’re using Trello with an Atlassian account, your account's email address will need to be changed from inside of the Atlassian account. This will also change the email address that you use to log into other Atlassian products: Changing Atlassian account email.

Changing an email address in Trello

To change the email address you use to log into Trello, go to your account settings page at http://trello.com/my/profile and click on Profile & Visibility. Then select Change email address from the Contact section. 

A confirmation email will be sent to the new email address. After clicking the link in the email to confirm the change, you’ll need to log in again with your previous email address. Then, you’ll see your Profile & Visibility page is now updated with the new email address and your previous email address is removed from the account.

If you currently have more than one email addresses on your account, you must remove your additional email addresses in order to change to a new email address.

Please note: It is not possible to change an email credential to an email address that is already in use with another Trello account.

Using a company email address on your Trello account

Many people use Trello for personal life and to collaborate with teams at work. We recommend to keep your personal and work content in separate Trello accounts.

If your account is only used for personal reasons or you no longer work at the organization, use a personal email address. By removing the company email address and using only a personal email, your Trello account will remain a personal account.

If you're using a company email address on your Trello account, and the organization who owns the domain (everything after the @ in your email address) has verified the domain on their Atlassian Organization, the Organization Admin have the ability to manage your Trello account. This means they could deactivate or delete the Trello account at any time.

For information ask Trello support HERE

Michiel August 18, 2020

Thanks for the options provided. Unfortunately, both options don't work.

I can't access the inbox of the non-existing email, so deleting is no option

I already have an account with michiel@decolegno.nl. So changing isn't an option either. 

Is there a 3rd option?

Michiel

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2020

Hi @Michiel ,

If there are any other profiles in your team that have admin permission you can log in from that account and change whatever you want to like delete, modify, etc...

Like Pritam Das likes this
Michiel August 20, 2020

Interesting, can you explain how I can delete the other user then? I can remove him from a board, but can't find a way to delete him from the account.

thanks!

Michiel August 21, 2020

Hi there, any news on this? Just curious to hear how I can delete a user. I can remove him from a board, but can't find a way to delete him from the account.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2020
Michiel August 24, 2020

Yes, I have done it all, but I am still charged for this account when I want to upgrade to business class. I don't want that, and therefore this account needs to be deleted. Not removed, but deleted.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2020

You can ask Trello support HERE

Michiel August 25, 2020

That's how I ended up here in the first place. Nevermind, I will upgrade anyways, perhaps I can remove the account then.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events