Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete lables

Dan September 29, 2021

I am a new user.  I added a label to a card on the calendar. I what to use the color to track status of tasks. I added a new label (as a completed task) to the card, I then wanted to delete the original label (open task).  I do not see a way to delete a label.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

@Dan just click on the pencil next to the label and you can delete the text, which will clear out / delete that label!

image.png

Dan September 29, 2021

Thank you for responding Brittany,

I did not use any text.  Only the color.  I want to remove the color label from a task on the card in the calendar as the color indicator is no longer valid for the card.  The only option I appear to have is to add another label but not remove the first label.

/Dan/

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

@Dan you should be able to just click the label that is checked (meditations in the example above), and it will remove it from that card. If you want to remove labels from multiple cards at once, you can use the Bulk Actions power-up

Dan September 29, 2021

Got it now!  Thank you Brittany.

It was not obvious. For clarification (if others look at our post).

Open the card.

Click on the label.

Look for a small white check-mark on the label already on the card.

click the white check-mark and it goes away.

The label is no longer on the card.

Wonderful!

I did a work around where I deleted the entire card and recreated it so I could place the new status label on it.. Your way is way easier

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

@Dan good callout! Glad to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events