Dear Lord I just need to sync cards in one board

Arnna January 27, 2021

I signed up for Trello just for this one purpose. 

I am a freelancer regularly working on about eight projects at once. Each project has its own list. Each list has the project's to-dos on it. I have one more List that says "Today", for today's tasks. 

I just want to be able to copy a card from a project's to-do list to my "Today" list and be able to update one and have the other updated (e.g. with a green label for 'done' or to change the description). 

I can't understand why this most basic of features is so difficult to achieve.

Just the one feature. 

I don't want multiple clicks. 

I don't have a team. I don't have other users. I don't even have other boards. 

Please help. 

Thank you. 

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

@Arnna For what you're describing, I'd say you'd be better off just adding a "Today" label then filtering the board to show only those cards:

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-cards-on-a-board

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Hey @Arnna! As far as I know, there currently isn't any functionality to copy cards within the same board AND have them synced together. 

Would you be open to switching up your workflow a little? If so, you could look at having a separate "TODAY" board with all your project lists. From there, you could sync cards from your main master project board to the TODAY board on the day they're due (or the day before).

In terms of a tool that would facilitate the syncing, Unito would be able to achieve this. Any update you make to cards on your TODAY board will sync back to the cards on your main master project board. 

Arnna January 27, 2021

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, thank you.

The workflow I describe above is already optimal - one screen, no extra clicks, ability to see all projects and tasks at once - so it would be pointless to switch to a different board and screen for this purpose. All I need is for a card to be copied between lists on the same board and kept synced. And for this one tiny task, and with no other features that I need, it would be ridiculous to pay $10/month for Unito. So if there's no way to do this extremely entry-level function then I'll use another tool. Thank you again.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Makes total sense. It's hard to justify if you've already got a good thing going, and it's for such a basic use-case. Hope you can find something that works for you! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events