Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashcard : Not all custom fields are listed in the Filters and not customisable on the table for ana

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2021

While working to implement Dashboards for a client, I noticed that some of the CFs are not available on the Filters as well as options to customise the table for analysis.

Is it because it is beta and Trello has limited the number of CFs to be included. Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oscar Triscon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2021

I'm in the Dashcards team. You are correct: we currently don't support custom fields of type "text". We have plans to add this to the table, but I can't give you an estimated release date at this time.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2021

@Oscar Triscon 

So filters will not support text but in tables, it will allow you to include text CF as a column. Am I correct? 

Oscar Triscon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2021

We may also support filtering but that's less likely. A workaround is to use Butler rules in the form:

when custom field "My text field" is set to "{*}urgent{*}",
add the red label to the card

and then filter by label. You can instead set another custom field of type checkbox or list instead of adding a label if you prefer, and filter by those. The idea is to convert unstructured data (text) into structured data.

What's your use case for free-text filtering in custom fields?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2021

@Oscar Triscon 

In this particular case, getting text onto the table is requirement. I don’t have a requirement to filter by text. I happened to notice that it is missing as well in the filters. Thanks for the suggestions. They may be useful in other cases. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2021

@Oscar Triscon 

This is not related to question I raised. Is the a way to get to the table rows from within butler? I am ok if it is via a http request to a program? It would be great if each row can be available as a dictionary. Thanks. 

Oscar Triscon
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2021

@milynnus Sorry, no Butler integration yet. What use case do you have in mind?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2021

@Oscar Triscon 

Just like how I would turn a report variable to a checklist that can be used with automation, as a developer, I think if the tracking table can also be available as a json/list such that it can be passed via http request to be processed processed by an endpoint that would be great. It means that beyond tracking, they can be turned into actionable processes. 

Oscar Triscon
Atlassian Team
September 27, 2021

@milynnus  Got it, thanks.

0 votes
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2021

If you are looking for a more powerful alternative to Trello's reporting/dashboarding options check out Blue Cat Reports I'd be very happy to hop on a call for a quick demo if you wanted? (I'm behind the company which built that product) I've got quite a lot of experience building reporting solutions in general and more specfically building reporting for Trello in the last 7 years. Blue Cat is the culmination of all that! As far as I understand it Trello take things so far, but if people need more complex or customisable reporting options you probably need to look to 3rd parties like us :)

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2021

@Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_ 

Blue cat reports came highly recommended as a reporting tool. 
I am currently looking at dashboards to provide users information they need at glance

@Felix do you have a view into the issue I raised about dashcards?

Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 7, 2021

Glad to hear that :) Blue Cat is Definitely capable of showing users the high level view of their Boards so they can get the information they need at a glance. Always happy to show you some examples for specific use cases if you need something and you aren't sure we can do it.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

As far as I know, you can't filter boards by custom fields? But that could just be a feature I don't know about. As far as I can see on the filter settings, it's by label, due date, or members.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2021

@Brittany Joiner 

Please see attached pictures ...eg driver's license is definitely a custom field

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 12.21.28 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-04 at 12.20.51 PM.jpg

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2021

Ah the table filters! Haven’t played around with these obviously haha. What field type is the custom field you can’t see? Ie, is it a number? Perhaps you can only filter by certain types of fields. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2021

@Brittany Joiner 

The field that is of particular interest to me is a text field. I can understand why one would exclude from Filter but not in table columns. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events