Custom powerups on Android

Mayank Bhagya March 17, 2021

I finally figured they do not work in the app. That is bad.

However, what is worse is the fact that whole of the documentation about custom powerups never states this anywhere. Only at the end of developing a powerup, one realizes that it won't work on Android.

One of the threads on the forum suggests using Trello in mobile browser as a workaround but that is not usable at all. It's design is unprofessional and I can't share it with my customers. Top 40% of the screen is being consumed by fixed buttons.

I had shared these concerns on relevant threads but did not get any response. So sharing again.

Is there any plan for supporting custom powerups on Android or fixing Trello mobile browser UI?

4 answers

1 vote
Mayank Bhagya April 14, 2021

Bump. Trello web on mobile can be a workaround only if the following issues are fixed:

Problem with existing view:

trello.jpg

Proposed way to clean up the top bar:

trello.png

Piotr Wac October 18, 2021

This problem with existing view should be solved ASAP!!!

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Mayank Bhagya 

Well, most of the power-ups don't work on android but few third-party power-ups do work with the help of another third-party app! This means you have to install multiple apps on your mobile device!

Eg: Trello app + (Just a demo name: Middleware app) + Power-up app(if any)

or

Trello app + Power-up app(if any)

I hope Trello will bring support to power-ups in mobile devices!

Mayank Bhagya April 14, 2021

That sucks man. Can't ask customers to install so many apps.

0 votes

OK, I have some idea how to make life easier for those users who would like to use custom Android power-ups that are not mostly available there. It would be enough to just add a button on the menu of the card: "open card it in the browser". Then you could conveniently navigate the tabs by using the Android application, but open them with a quick link in the browser in order to use non-standard add-ons. What do you think about it? I temporarily copy myself the tab link and open it in the browser, but it could be easier with a dedicated button.

0 votes

Hi,

That's right...I also really need custom powerups avaible either on Android App or Web version on Android's browsers!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events