Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom data download to Excel

Manel April 20, 2022

Hello,
After consulting different Power Ups to get the writing of a monthly report of work carried out by our team of operators, we have chosen to download monthly data and analyze said data with Excel.
The problem is that when downloading by performing a data export (from the configuration/export/create a new export section) there are some fields that are not downloaded, such as the creation date of each of the cards, the list of activities with check or comments reported manually.
Is there any possibility to customize what data is downloaded when performing this export? Can a manual export be generated by previously selecting which fields I want to download?
You would need at least the creation date of the cards to be downloaded in order to calculate their average duration: Closing date - Creation date = Duration in days/hours.
Is there any possibility that through Excel we can connect directly to the database of our boards, without having to do the monthly download?
Wow in advance I know Excel well but I'm not an IT programmer.
I await your comments. Thank you!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2022

Hi Manel,

I don't belive any of the export options let you do that unless you want to start looking at using the API directly. But since you're not a programmer that probably isn't worth it, and even if you were it would likely be cheaer to just pay for a reporting tool :)

We wrote a guide to the exporting options from Trello here if you want to take a look https://www.bluecatreports.com/trello-reporting/exporting-trello-data/

But, I would recomend taking a look at reporting options like Blue Cat Report

Thanks, and good luck!

Robin

Manel April 22, 2022

Thank you Robin!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events