Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Fields removed after moving board

DougORama I'm New Here Dec 28, 2021

Hello, 

First I know that custom fields are a premium feature and one of my companies pays for that. I have two accounts for two companies and often use Company 2's account as it is my "main" account but it is on the free plan only. 

I was customizing a board created by someone at Company 1 (paid plan) using a lot of custom fields. I realized it was viewable to the entire workspace when it should not be. I created a new workspace and moved the board to the new workspace. My custom fields all disappeared and Trello now says to upgrade to add custom fields. 

I may have moved it using Company 2's free account, but why would it let me do that? So it seems I created a new workspace on my free account and that deleted the custom fields and several hours of work with no warning. Is there a way to undo this?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
DougORama I'm New Here Dec 28, 2021

I figured this out, but the Admin of the board had to restart to be able to move the board back. Their option to move the board was not in the menu anymore. After restart it was there. they were able to move the board back and the custom fields reappeared. 

*WHEW*!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend...

508 views 19 19
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you