Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Custom Fields only with upgrade account?

Edited

I work with Trello boards for quite a bit now, just trying to set a new project board today.

Trying to add 'Custom Fields' as usual, but now it seems only possible after an upgrade?

Am I missing something? And is this correct? Because that would be a huge step back for 'free account' users.

Since when do you have to upgrade to use Custom Fields in Trello?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thank you for your kind reply Michael and Team Atlassian.

I can imagine that I am not the only one who is seriously disappointed by this step back for standard users. I still consider Trello to be an amazing tool and 'a shiny star' in business tools that I like to promote to my business network.

And I'm grateful to have had the chance to get to know Trello without fees paid, so to be honest it sounds really really wrong to me to complain in any way about a 'free' service.

Unfortunately moving towards a paid Trello solution per user does not seem to be an option for my micro company as I use Trello to inform third parties about some of our projects and I can't pay for all of them as users. 

I wish it was different but the decision to take away 'custom fields' as a free and significant creative feature to organize Trello boards makes me quite sad.

And to your colleague that came up with this brilliant idea to steal back our beloved free custom fields: please flick his ear from me. Even if it is your boss.

Thanks

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,316 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you