Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Fields and Follow Up Logic For Trello

jamiemckean August 1, 2017

Hi

In a Trello card, I'm looking to have a custom field which contains a number. 

That number will be set at zero, and every day the card is active, it will increase by 1.

How can i do that please?

I'm looking at the custom fields power-up, or butler, or both together, but hoping someone may already know this.

Thanks very much in advance

Jamie

1 answer

0 votes
Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2017

Hi Jamie,

Unfortunately, custom fields cannot be written by 3rd party extensions at the moment, only read. This includes Butler. Trello has said publicly that this will be supported, but haven't given an ETA yet.

jamiemckean August 1, 2017

thank you Oscar, super helpful. Aside from custom fields, is there another way to potentially do what i'm trying to do (ie show the age of a card from the day it's created?).

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2017

Perhaps a Chrome extension can do that, but I'm not familiar with any that can do that at the moment, sorry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events