Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Fields & Cards Copied to Other Boards

Aaron Davis July 24, 2020

I've noticed that when a card is copied to another board AND that other board has custom fields add-on, all the custom fields on the original card/board is also transferred to the new board after being copied. 

Is there a way to STOP this from happening? We don't necessarily need the content on the original card, since we link the cards together through the Butler process. 

2 answers

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2020

When moving cards to another board, I literally just have Butler clear every single unwanted custom field before moving it. That has worked to not duplicate all my custom fields so far. 

With copying, I guess you have to make a temp copy on the same board, clear all the custom fields on the copy, before moving it to the new board.

Hope that helps. 

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2020

Following because I also noticed this recently and am not sure how to stop it from happening. Curious if anyone has any ideas! I understand why it does that... just not sure if there's any way to turn off or not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events