• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating and managing butler commands Edited

satnlie I'm New Here Jan 26, 2021

I used Butler Bot previously. Now I have a Business Class Trello account and am trying to use Butler but it's confusing. I'm trying to run the same actions - things like when a card is due in less than 7 days moving it to another list or putting an MIT label when it's past due.

Is there a way to create a button related to omeglecha random online and have it appear on all boards?

Is there a way to create due date actions and have it work on all boards or do I have to do each board individually?

When I create a Rule, why doesn't it work?

As the number of commands grows, it's harder to keep track of groups of commands that are designed to act together.

Maybe there is a tutorial I haven't found yet but I'm thinking it's just the transition period that's tripping me up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer

0 votes

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out about Butler. Sorry to hear it's been a little confusing, but we're always here to help you directly! Sometimes it's hard to say why something isn't working without more information - feel free to reach out to us directly for more specific questions like that where we might need to ask for screenshots or access to the account.

To start, I would definitely recommend checking out our Intro to Butler doc and Butler Bot vs Butler, these docs will provide you with the basics of using Butler in Trello and how it's different from the bot.

You might find that you'll need a combination of rules and buttons to achieve your goals.

When it comes to creating a board button, in the Buler interface on your board, there's a check box that you can select to enable the button on all boards in the team. Board buttons have a specific set of actions available to help you quickly add new cards to lists on the board, move cards, create/archive lists, arrange cards in lists, sort cards in lists, or send an email notification.

Command Libraries (https://help.trello.com/article/1139-command-libraries) can help organize your groups of commands.

Also wanted to share these Butler videos that you might find helpful in getting ramped up with Butler o your boards.

I know this is quite a bit of information, but hopefully it helps get you going! You're welcome to reply here for the Community to get involved in the discussion, or reach out to our support team directly for more help!

Cheers and happy automating!

Blair

Trello Support Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

133 views 5 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you