Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Creating a template Trello Board for sale or bonus purposes - Is this doable?

I have been making some boards that I would like to offer to my clients.  I am unsure if selling the boards is an option, or if offering them as a bonus is the better choice.

I have heard of people being charged $100 for adding someone to their board. I do not want to make the same mistake. Instead, I Also, see people selling Trello temples on Etsy. Is what I am attempting to do possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Rodolfo Moreira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
Dec 28, 2022

Hello, Dorothy! Thanks for writing to us!

Sorry, there isn't a more clear-cut answer I can give, but this is a tricky question to cover. 

Generally speaking, our cloud terms of service prohibit derivative works. While we can't give you a legal opinion about whether a template board might qualify as a derivative work one way or another, and we reserve our rights to make a determination at a later date, it seems unlikely that what you are describing (licensing or selling pre-made Trello boards/templates) would catch our eye as something we'd want to file an enforcement action against or otherwise formally attempt to prohibit.

That being said, if you're not an Atlassian Partner or an Atlassian Community Leader, we would appreciate it if you noted this when selling template boards. If you could add a disclaimer that you're not affiliated with Atlassian via our Partner or Community Leaders program, that would be great.

I hope that helps! Happy holidays ahead.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events