Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a recurring Card thru Butler that triggers a mobile push notification

Mig V February 22, 2020

I want Butler Calendar to create a Card every day at a specific time with a specific due time (that same day) AND I want to get a push notification on my mobile once the card is created.

I started with this command:

• every day at 7:00 am, create a new card with title "Daily Reminder" in list "Incoming Tasks" and add member @myTrelloName to the card and set due today at 9:00 am

The Card gets created but I don't get a push notification at all...even though I add myself on the Card and am also watching the List and the Board. My app settings are set to receive ALL notification and I checked that my phone is allowing notifications from Trello.

I DO get push notifications if I set the due date/time for the next day using the command below but that notification seems to rely on Trello's default 24-hour reminder prior to a deadline, not on Butler.  This isn't want I want--I want it all to happen on the same day--but I did it just as a test to check if I can receive push notifications at all.

• every day at 7:00 am, create a new card with title "Daily Reminder For Next Day" and add member @myTrelloName to the card and set due tomorrow at 9:00 am

Now, if I manually add a Card say, at 6:00 am, due at 9:00 am that morning and I change Set Reminder to 2 Hours Before...at 7:00 am I WILL get a mobile push notification from Trello.

So...how do I get Butler to automatically create a Card every day that behaves like the manually-inputed Card so I can get the push notifications?!?

But, again, shouldn't I be getting push notifications regardless when a Card that I'm on gets added to a List and Board that I'm watching?!?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight!

2 answers

1 vote
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2020

Hi,

Concerning trello notification

Either if you watch a card, the change is made by an another member than yourself and the notification frequency option "never" is unchecked, 

Either if notification is a sheduled notification,

then you should receive notifications.

Concerning your issue, you can add emailing action at the end of your rule

send an email notification to "@yourmail" with subject "Reminder" and message "{cardlink}"

The link in the message reffers to the created card.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020

@Mig V the problem is that Butler is taking those actions as your user account so you don't get notified. You could create a new account called "mytrellonamebutler", add it to the board, then create the rule from within that account. Then you will see notifications when it takes action

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events