Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Create multiple checklists from spreadsheet

Hi,

I am making a lot of checklists (500ish for this project) in Trello and using copy paste from a spreadsheet (every line item is slightly different so no point copying in Trello). Basically I have a unit to run wires to (the checklist name) and the items are all the wires/devices associated with the unit.

Is there a way to create multiple checklists automatically from copy paste? Save me having to make checklist, copy/paste a handful of points, then go make a new checklist and copy/paste again and repeat for the 20 odd items in that card?

Example:

Trello Screenshot.png

TIA

1 answer

@Matthew Ferrari 

Not sure whether you will be hitting some limits imposed by Trello. To do such massive insertion of checklists and items onto a card, some programming may be required if you want to do it efficient. I am aware that a client with 1000+ cards need to keep all the checklist in sync with a master checklist, it took him 20-30 minutes with a program to run through all the cards.

I would imagine copying it into a google sheet with column 1 as the checklist name and column 2 to be the items and having a card button to read and write to the card.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,278 views 27 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you