Create a rule with conditional action (i.e. an action that will only occur if a previous step fails)

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

I'd like to create a rule that will add a checklist item to a card, if that card has already been created in a list. If (and only if) the card does not exist, I'd like the rule to perform a different task.

Specifically, when the card is added to the list, I'd like it to look for a card named "To-Do Item for Week #{weeknumber}" and add a checklist item that links to the trigger card (i.e. [{triggercardname}]({triggercardlink}) )if there is no such card, I'd like to copy the current card to that list and rename it to "To-Do Items for Week #{weeknumber}"

The idea here is that there will be a card per week that collects linked checklist items; however, I haven't been able to figure out how to translate this conditional statement into Butler's semi-semantic code.

Any insight would be appreciated!

All the best,

RA

1 answer

1 vote
rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

Still interested in the possibility of implementing conditional statements; however, I just thought of a quick work-around, for this particular case: I've added a new rule to the board that creates the card "To-Do Items for Week #{weeknumber}" at the start of every week.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events