cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a card from checklist Item when I am mentionned in it

GrégoryBacquet1 December 12, 2019

Hello,

I Would like to make a rule to do that :

When I am mentionned in a checklist item, create a card with newcardname = itemname but without the @username and attach the sourcecard to newcard.

Moreover, I would like that when I move the new card to a list "XXX", the checklist Item is automatically check in sourcecard.

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 answers

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2019

Hi @GrégoryBacquet1 

I think you might want to do something like this in Butler:

Screenshot 2019-12-14 at 16.59.17.pngObviously, this is if for my username and lists, but I think this is probably what you're looking for, for your first question.

For your second question, I would think that something like this:

Screenshot 2019-12-14 at 17.03.31.pngEsme :)

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

The only trigger for an item with butler :

• Added
  • Removed
  • Checked
  • Unchecked

Either If item trigger is not appropriate, you should use an another way.

Either when a member is mentioned, the user should check the item. By this way, the action is triggered. After that you can create a rule to uncheck the item.

Make sure that the link between the two cards is bilateral :

• The parent card has an item in a checklist which links to the child card.
  • The linked card from an item  has an attachment which links  to the  parent card.

Make sure that the searched card is not deleted or archived.

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Hi

Try this :

when an item containing "{* }@{?}" is added to checklist "Checklist name", convert the item to a linked card in list "Listname" using pattern "{wildcard1}"

And

when a card is added to list "Listname", find the first card linked in the attachments, and check item "{triggercardlink}"
GrégoryBacquet1 December 13, 2019

Thank you for your fast reply.

But the first part doesn't work because I would like it works not only when I add an item but also when I add a username in an existing item. moreover, I still have in the card name the username.

To precise my request : Somebody add my username in an item eg: "@myusername do this action". I would like create a card in another board with cardname "do this action" with sourcecard linked in this card.

For the second part it doesn't work either cause butler telling me "I couldn't find a checklist item called "XXX"" . Doesn't it work only if I'm in the same board.

Thank you in advance

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2019

Hi 

You have this options

when I am mentioned in a checklist on a card with a name containing "{* }@{$}", convert the item to a linked card using pattern "{wildcard1}"

And

when a card is added to list "{listname}", for each card linked in the attachments, check item "{triggercardname}"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events