Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Trigger based on "When a checklist item is converted to a card"

Lucas Hicks September 18, 2020

I found a script (copied below) from the old butler commands board and I'm wondering if there's a way to use some of these same commands in the new powerup butler. When I convert a checklist item to a card I'd like to create quick links between the original card and the new one, as well as name the new card with information from the original checklist name. Is this still possible?

when a checklist item is converted to a card, add link "{sourcecardlink}", and add the sky "Child" label to the card, and move the card to the top of list "{triggercardlistname}", and find card with link "{sourcecardlink}", and set the card's description to "{carddescription} child: {triggercardlink}"

2 answers

1 vote
Olivia Henao May 5, 2022

I've been digging through topics here trying to achieve this only to be disappointed it's still not doable as well. I don't want my whole checklist to be created into cards at once either, just as I choose to create them as I reach specific items.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2020

@Lucas Hicks there's no more "when a checklist item is converted to a card" trigger but you can create a linked card when adding a checklist item, or checking an item off.

One option would be to have your checklist called "To Do" then another checklist "Doing" and move items to "Doing" when checked off, linking them at the time:

2020-09-21 at 10.56 am.png

Oliver Rathonyi-Reusz October 11, 2021

Thanks Iain - I have spent hours looking for the trigger "when checklist item converted to card" trying to achieve the solution that Lucas is after only to finally discover here that it doesn't exist. 

I am trying to find a way that as I progress through an overall job, I can create tasks on linked cards from a master card checklist, but keep the checklist item on the master card. 

When the sub task (linked card to the master card checklist item) is moved to a "done" list, the checklist item on the master card gets checked off... not sure how to get there without the "When checklist item is converted to card" trigger.  Do you (anyone) think there is another way?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

@Oliver Rathonyi-Reusz you could potentially check the item off and use that as the trigger to convert the item to a linked card, and uncheck the item. Then you'd have a linked item and could check it off when the card is moved to done.

I guess you'd have to find a way to stop that *actual* check event from triggering it again, so you should check that the item doesn't start with "https://"

Oliver Rathonyi-Reusz October 12, 2021

@Iain Dooley , thanks for the reply. That could work.  There may be a route using the convert checklist item feature in the contextual menu of the checklist and then have the linked card re-create and item in the trigger card checklist.  Feels backward and not sure it's worth the hassle at this point - may be easier to change my work flow!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events