Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Trello tasks from Slack

Camille Ramos September 18, 2019

Hi I would like to be able to create a task by right clicking on a Slack conversation. I have tried the slack integrations with trello but all i see is how to get slack notifications when my board changes. What I am looking for is the other way around. 

Message actions: I am able to create a task with asana, todoist, create a note in evernote, but cant figure out how to create a card in trello.

See image for exampleScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 2.00.28 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user November 26, 2019

Are there any plans to add Slack message actions to the Trello app? It's the main flaw in my workflow at the moment that when I get a Slack message that I need to action or about a project, I can't add it to the necessary Trello board with ease. This is inefficient to the extent that we're considering moving from Trello to something else.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

I know it's not the same as clicking actions, but if you've added the trello app, you can type "/trello add ______ " and it will create a card to whatever you call that. 

Another hack would be using Zapier. You can connect trello and slack to zapier, and set up a trigger for when a message is starred to create a card in Trello.  (See here.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events