Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Create Trello cards in private workspace from Slack Enterprise workspace

I belong to an enterprise Slack workspace with many channels.  I'd like to be able to forward Slack messages to new cards in my private Trello board.  Do I have to manually add my board to every channel or is there a way to create a workspace wide connection?

Thanks
DM

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner Community Leader Sep 13, 2021

@David Matzner you might want to use Zapier to create it, but even then, i don't think you could set it to EVERY single message everywhere. You'd probably need some more critiera for it, like messages that mention you or something. You could make a rule to create a car for every starred message, so that when you star a message it automatically sends it to your Trello board. Or if your channels are public and not private slack channels, then it could create a card.

image.png

To clarify I want to have the option to MANUALLY forward messages from each of my company channels to my private Trello workspace.  To capture To-dos found in Slack messages.

Brittany Joiner Community Leader Sep 13, 2021

@David Matzner ah got it - then yeah you could still use zapier and use the option for starring messages to then send, or you should be able to accomplish this with the the Trello app for slack. 

When you right click a message you should have the option for message shortcutsimage.png

Like David Matzner likes this

Ok, now that the private workspace is visible the above command works, but the dialogs are tedious.  Is there a way to replicate the same functionality from the command line? Like /trello add thismessage [my Team] [my Board] [my List]?

I just realized that creating a Trello card using the menu item in the previous post creates a new message to the Slack channel by DEFAULT.  And that setting is all the way at the bottom out of view.  Not a feature!

Brittany Joiner Community Leader Sep 21, 2021

Sorry, think i don't understand your use case so not sure I can help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,398 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you