Copying card to list on new board, then copying back and moving previous card

Dhes Pillay May 18, 2021

Hi there,I am attempting to create an automation so that when I move a card into a list on a particular board, it finds another card with the same title in another list and archives it. Each card title will be new so I am not able to enter in a static card title when building the automation. Hoping you can help with this?

EG: 
Assuming Card XYZ already exists on List A on Board 1
I have set trello to automatically copy card XYZ onto list A on Board 2
*My action*
I move card XYZ from list A to list B on board 2

I would like
Card XYZ on Board 1 List A to move to List B on Board 1 with the updated description + Comments of card XYZ on Board 2 List B

Basically, I have a team member that I want to assign tasks by moving a card into his list. I want to be able to look at my master board and know that the task is with him, so I don't want the card to archive on my list when I assign it to him. The same card will be copied onto his list. When he moved the card onto the "needs revision" list on his board, I want the same card to move into my "needs review" list in trello and to match and move the original card I had for him to the "needs review" column so that I don't have 2 cards with the same title etc.

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

Yes, it's possible using Butler. It would look something like:

when a card is moved into list "done", find a card titled "{cardname}" on board "B", and archive the card
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

If you were wanting to sync more card information, and updates to cards (like changing a date, description, adding comments, etc.), I would recommend using a tool like Unito to achieve your workflow (as mentioned above).

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

@Dhes Pillay it sounds like you need synched cards. Unito and Placker both do this afaik.

Dhes Pillay May 18, 2021

Thank you @Iain Dooley 
Is there a way to find a card with the exact same card name as the card that I moved which is in another list using butler?

I am thinking that I just find the card in the original list and archive it to avoid duplicates.
The issue is that each card is going to have a different  "order number" so I don't think I can make wildcards work.

Is there a way to just find the exact same card name that exists in a different list to select that card?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events