Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying card and its checklist(s)

Hal Atkins August 6, 2020

I'm setting up a card button that is copying/adding the card to another board. Along with linking the card together, we'd also like to be able to copy two of three checklists that are on the original card - and carrying with it the "checked" or "unchecked" status of items on that checklist over to the new card on the new board.

So far I've gotten the checklists to come over, but none of the "checked" items are showing as "checked" on the newly added card on the other board.

Am I missing something simple, or is that a more complicated set of rules that need to be attached to the card button?

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2020

Hi @Hal Atkins ,

Basically in Trello, if you copy a card manually or by automation, the existing checklists also get copied.

So if you want to copy a card that has no checklists checked then you have to make a template card where no checklists have been checked and apply automation on that card!

Hal Atkins August 10, 2020

Good afternoon, @Soumyadeep Mandal -

Thanks for the comment!

The checklists are going over to the new card - but the status of each of the items on the checklists aren't going over. In other words, if something is "checked" - it shows up as "unchecked" on the new card on the other board.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2020

Hi @Hal Atkins ,

That's how Trello works! You might need additional power-up to do work!

You can ask trello support here

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events