Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a card N times and linking them all together with Butler...error in my rule

Silvio Martins April 23, 2019

Hi friends,

I have a board whose cards are copied to N other boards (usually between 3 and 5 boards) and all need to be automatically linked to each other. I set up a rule as below but there is something wrong. It's not working the way I'd like it to. Can someone help me?

This is the rule set in the source board (A) that creates identical linked cards in the other boards:

when a card is added to list "X", copy the card to the top of list "X" on board "B", link the cards together, copy the card to the top of list "X" on board "C", link the cards together, for each card linked in the attachments, link the cards together, copy the card to the top of list "X" on board "D", link the cards together, for each card linked in the attachments, link the cards together

The result that I need is: 

Card A (linked B, C, D) = Card B (linked A, C, D) = Card C (linked A, B, D) = Card D (linked A, B, C)

Thanks all

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2019

@Silvio Martins how does the result you're getting differ from the result you're after?

From a reading of your command, the fact that once you copy a card all remaining commands will act on the copied card, it means that:

Card A (linked card B)

Card B (linked card A,C)

Card C (linked card A,B)

Card D (linked card A, B, C)

Is that what you're seeing?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events