It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Copying a board to include memebers/tasks?

I work in a Real Estate office as an administrator who works with our head agent to follow the "Life of a Property Listing"- basically, the tasks and jobs that our team has for every listing from list to close.  Each board is a property and tasks stay the same for every board.  How can I make board template that I can copy where the tasks and members are the same after copying?

Also- is there a way to autogenerate due dates given a certain list date?  i.e. can I put somewhere in the title of the board or something that will automatically generate the dates for the cards indicating days on market which then triggers a due date on that day....

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jan 23, 2019

@Sarah_Flickinger if you use Butler or Trellinator to copy a board, then the members on the template board will be preserved by default, but member *assignments* to cards won't be preserved.

Preserving member assignments with Butler after a copy is tricky because you can't do nested loops, but using Trellinator it would be a matter of, for example, adding labels with usernames of each member to add into the template board then looping through all cards and adding members as required in the freshly copied version.

The due date thing would also be an API task. The way to do this with Butler is to have a series of commands that get activated on the freshly copied board, but as far as I know you couldn't do that with the power up, you would only be able to do it with Butler Bot, which I'm pretty sure has been phased out. This is again something that could be achieved pretty easily with Trellinator.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,492 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you