Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a Board

Raquel Maye July 24, 2019

I hope this is not a stupid question.  But I am trying to copy a board to a new board.  I have clicked on "copy a board," now what.  I tried pasting to the new board, but that was not an option.  How do I put the board that I am copying into a new board?  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2019

Hi @Raquel Maye you can't copy a board inside another board. When you copy a board it should give you the option to name and save it. Then it will appear in your list of Trello boards.

Here is an article that explains more:

https://help.trello.com/article/802-copying-cards-lists-or-boards

For example if you see an Inspiration board (trello.com/inspiration) that you like you can copy the board template, name it and then it will appear in your list of boards. You can then edit and modify the cards to your preference.

If you did want to copy the contents of a board inside another, you could copy each of the lists, and then move the lists (one at a time) to the other board.

Hope this helps,

Jodi

Raquel Maye July 30, 2019

Thank you Jodi 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2019

Glad it answered your question Raquel.
Have a wonderful day,

Jodi

Deleted user April 5, 2020

Hi,

How do I "full copy" a board, where I need to include Comments?

Thanks,
Agus

Like Nif_Lindsay likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events