Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy New Cards from board to Overall Board retaining source.

Tom LeBlanc March 19, 2020

Hi all,

We use trello to manage client projects in our landscape design firm.  We have a To Do- Doing- Done board for each client.  

I would like a way to see all my client to do's in one place so i can quickly get a dashboard view of what priorities are.

Ideally this would be in the calendar view.

Is this something I should do with butler? Create another trello board that gets all to'dos copied to it?  I am wondering how i retain the source of the card in that case, so that I know what client that to do is for.

any advice is appreciated, thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2020

@Tom LeBlanc when you have a "board per client" model, I'd recommend using a "board of boards" where each card for each client is linked to that client's board. You can automate the creation and linking of these, that's the example I use in my introduction to Trellinator:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

As far as getting a dashboard of current tasks, I did this example for someone on here the other day showing how to use Trellinator to create a checklist overview on each client card on the overview board showing current tasks, linked to each card:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/d5554c7030ad2fe10274c50d03cd763b

You could do this in realtime instead, for example every time a card is moved to the "Doing" list on a client board, add a link to it to the relevant checklist, when moved to "Done" remove that item, you could have it so that when you mark the item as complete on the overview card the corresponding card in the client's board is moved to Done and so on.

0 votes
Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2020

Hi @Tom LeBlanc , for getting an overall view of your clients and keep the sources I would recommend to take a look on Crmble

For viewing in a calendar view I would suggest Calendar Power-Up.

For see all your clientes to do´s in one place I would recomend to create a label for them and filtering by this label so you will see only that ones in your board.

Hope it helps! good luck!

Tom LeBlanc March 23, 2020

Thanks for the tips, I am unable to view Crmble it says i need permission or invitation.

Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2020

Hi @Tom LeBlanc  thanks for your reply.

Here is the link: https://trello.com/power-ups/5e5e8b4b55a4ea5fedc0dafa/crmble

I put it wrong before! Sorry

Thanks

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events